AIM Express
rockdale
2007-10-04 20:15:20 UTC
Checkout the link http://www.aim.com/aimexpress.adp and click the
lunch aimexpress.

they are written by ASPX. I am wondering do they use AJAX only or do
they use some fancy javascript with RPC?
Anybody knows?

I am trying to achieve the same thing on my web application by using
AJAX, but when the conversation box is refreshing, you can not scroll
the scroll bar,

Thanks in advance
-rockdale
Mike Placentra II
2007-10-04 21:16:49 UTC
Post by rockdale
they are written by ASPX. I am wondering do they use AJAX only or do
they use some fancy javascript with RPC?
Anybody knows?
I thought I heard that AOL was switching to Linux servers...Mono?

I see what you mean: The AIM Express pages are .aspx. The source code
doesn't look like the doings of ASP.net, though, other than this:

I don't think they are using ASP.net AJAX, in fact ASP.net might just
be a middleman. I know AOL has been doing something with some sort of
deployable AIM Express that you can put on your own web page to just
talk to you or something, they could have some sort of JavaScript
framework of their own. Does ASP.net usually use dojo? I haven't
noticed it elsewhere in ASP.net apps...

I'm just getting used to this higher-level programming and these
frameworks. When I worked with AJAX before using ASP.net, I would just
put in my own little JavaScript function and in many cases I wouldn't
even be transmitting data with XML/RPC (rather just plain data with
parameters in the querystring if needed). AIM Express may be built on
those older ways of doing things.

-Michael Placentra II